Cardiopulmonary Services at LCGH prides itself on our state-of-the-are equipment, staff retention and the receptiveness of our therapists to the latest trends, treatments, and techniques in cardiac, pulmonary and sleep medicine. LCGH employs New York State licensed Respiratory Therapists that all minimally hold the Registered Respiratory Therapist credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care. Our therapists utilize therapist driven protocol based on the latest evidence based medicine. Our procedures, and protocols are patient-driven and physician-approved ensuring the delivery of quality care.
Patients typically needing attention from our Respiratory Therapists are those with a cardiac diagnosis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD which include chronic bronchitis, and emphysema), cystic fibrosis (CF), or pneumonia. Our therapists also provide care for patients requiring both non-invasive (CPAP/BiPAP) and invasive (Ventilator Management) ventilation. Therapists provide diagnostic services, treatment, and education including, but not limited to:
Available 24 hours a day in-house.
Clerk hours to schedule an appointment
Mon - Fri - 8AM to 4PM.
Mon - Fri - 7AM - 3PM.
DIRECTOR OF CARDIOPULMONARY SERVICES -Tues - Fri - 7AM - 5PM.
Pulmonary Function Testing
- Simple Spirometry
- Body Plethysmnography
- DLCO (Diffusion Testing)
- Methacholine Challenges for Asthma diagnosis
- Exercise Spirometry
- Nocturnal Oximetry
- Home Oxygen Evaluation
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) sampling and analysis
Cardiac Diagnostic Procedures
- Out-Patient Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter Monitoring
- 30-Day Cardiac Event monitoring
- Stress Testing (Nuclear and Routine)
- Baseline Polysomnography (Sleep Study)
- CPAP / BiPAP titration for treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Testing (MSLT) for suspected Narcolepsy
- Home Sleep Testing (HST)
- Telemedicine with both Pulmonary and Neurological Sleep Medicine Specialists
- Standard EEG testing
- Sleep Deprived EEG testing
- Meter Dose Inhalers
- Pulmonary related medication education
- Tobacco and Smoking cessation
- Disease teaching (COPD, Asthma